Jackfruit has lot of health benefits it has antioxidant properties, fights against cancer, contains protein, calcium, iron etc..
I made the TENDER JACKFRUIT CUTLET this time.
- 2 cup steamed and thinly chopped tender jackfruit
- 2 medium cooked potatoes mashed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 green chillies thinly chopped
- 2 spring curry leaves chopped
- 3/4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 TSP red chili powder
- 1/2 or 1 TSP pepper powder
- 1 TSP all spice powder
- 1/2 TSP turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Cut out the outer layer of the tender jackfruit then chop the flesh and steam it in a steamer for five to ten minutes. When it is cooked halfway transfer it from the cook top and allow to cool. Then chop thinly and keep aside.
- Heat 2 table spoon oil then add onion, curry leaves, chilies one by one and saute for a while .Add ginger garlic paste and powdered ingredients in it and stir for one minute then add the tender jackfruit and mashed potatoes.
- Then combine the ingredients very well if it needs more salt add it and remove it from the cook top.
- After it is cooled make into desired size.
- Dip the cutlet in the beaten egg and roll it out in the bread crumbs.
- Fry the cutlets in the hot oil and when the colour becomes golden brown remove it from the oil. Enjoy.