According to the Christian beliefs lent is a season of repentance and and remembering our Lord’s sacrifice. Some vegetable dishes I like to prepare these time.
- 1/4 Kg PANEER cube sliced
- 2 POTATO cooked in cube size
- 1 carrot round thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cardamom, 1 starnise, 1 2 small pieces of cinnamon, 3 cloves, 6 no of black pepper, 1 spring curry leaves
- 2 greenchili splitted
- 1 tsp thinly chopped ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 cube cheese
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 1/4 litre thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp cornflour powder and coriander leaves for garnish
- Add potato, cardamom, starnise, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, ginger, greenchili and curry leaves in the pressure cooker with one cup of water and pinch salt. After two whistles switch it off.
- Heat the oil in the pan then add sliced carrot and saute a while then add the PANEER and saute in between in a medium flame and add a pinch of salt. When it becomes golden in color switch off the flame.
- Add the cooked potato in the sauted ingredients, then pour second and third extract of coconut milk and add salt in it. Stir well and cook for three to five minutes in a low flame.
- Add the 1st extract of coconut milk mixed with cornflour. Stir for a while and do not let it boil. Garnish with coriander leaves.