Always we prefer to choose different way of cooking. Some times we can get a great treat otherwise it will be a flop.
But this is very tasty and vegtarian dish. Easy to prepare and only needs 25 minutes of baking.
- 225g semolina
- 100g sugar
- 70g curd
- 80 ml veg oil
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp lemon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl mix semolina and powdered sugar.
- Add vegetable oil and fresh yogurt into the dry ingredients. (I used Sunflower oil and curd freshly made with 2 tsp of lemon juice).
- Add 1/2 portion of milk in to the ingredients and combine to create a smooth batter. Then keep the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheated the oven.
- After 10 minutes add the rest of milk in the batter to get the right consistency.
- Add lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt then whisk together.
- Pour the batter in the greased baking tray and tap a while. Bake it 25 -30 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.