Today I made Upma with cornflakes powder and vegetables. We can make Upma with different types of ingredients. This Upma is similar to pongal in Tamilnadu. Cornflakes are already salty so be careful while adding salt.
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 2 tbsp veg.oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 spring curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- Cashewnuts and raisins for garnish
- Heat the oil and add mustard and curry leaves to sputter.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, carrot one by one. Saute a while.
- Add salt in the water and pour in the sauted ingredients. Allow to boil. Add cornflakes powder little by little and stir well.
- Wait for two to three minutes for cooking and after that combine well. Serve hot with ripe bananas.