Oats has a lot of health benefits because of high fibre, beta glucan and rich sourse of protein. I made the upma with vegetables.
- 1 cup fried oats without oil
- 1 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 capsicum thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee + 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 2 cloves + 2 small cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ginger thinly chopped
- 1 greenchili thinly sliced
- 1 big onion thinly chopped
- 2 spring curry leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste + 1/2 cup water
- Heat the ghee and oil then sputter the cinnamon, cloves, mustard and curry leaves. Add thinly chopped onion, ginger and greenchili to the pan and saute it for 2 to 3 minutes in a low flame.
- Add carrot, capsicum, turmeric and salt together for another two minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in it and allow to boil. When it boils add fried OATS and stir well. Then close the lid and cook for about 2, 3 minutes.
Enjoy it with vegetable curry, ripe banana or even honey.