The word Cake makes us lick our lips. I did it with egg. Egg and ghee is optional otherwise same amount of oil and milk is substituted for making the cake. This cake is very soft and fine in texture.
- 11/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml ghee
- 100 ml milk
- Sieve flour and baking powder 2 to 3 time and keep aside.
- Beat sugar, egg whites and ghee very well until fluffy.
- At a time add egg yolks and vanilla extract for flavouring.
- Slowly add the flour and gently fold it with the help of milk to give a soft consistency.
- Pour the batter into the well greased ring dish. Then tap it to release air pockets.
- Bake it approximately for 40 to 45 minutes in a pre heated oven. Ovens temperature differs in some cases.