Our state festival is ONAM. In these days we make different types of payasam. Payasam is a must dessert in our ONAM Lunch. I made a payasam with pineapple for our Thiruvonam Lunch.
- 1/2 kg pineapple peeled sliced
- 1/2 cup pure jaggery syrup
- 1/2 cup 1st extraction milk from 1/2 coconut
- 1 cup second extract coconut milk
- 1tsp crushed cardamom & mace
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced coconut
- 1/2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1/2 tbsp raisins
- Blend sliced pineapple in a blender.
- Transfer it into the heavy bottomed pan and cook for five minutes in a low flame. Add the jaggery syrup and cook in a low flame for another five minutes. If more sweetness is needed add it.
- Add 2nd extraction of milk then stir constantly for five minutes. It becomes thick.
- Add first extraction of milk and stir well. Add crushed cardamom. Do not boil. Transfer from the fire.
- Heat the ghee and add sliced coconut and saute it until golden brown. Remove it from the flame. Then fry the cashew nuts and raisins. Add all these fried ingredients into the payasam. Enjoy the taste.