Ridge gourd is a soft vegetable and other name of this veg. is sponge gourd. I decided to make a thoran with this ridge gourd.
- 1 cup thinly chopped ridge gourd
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- Pinch turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch mustard
- 2 spring curry leaves
- Crush the coconut, chili, garlic and turmeric then keep aside.
- Heat the oil and add mustard then sputter and add curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and crushed coconut mix then saute in a low flame for a while.
- Then add chopped sponge gourd and salt and stir a little.
- Close with lid and allow to cook in a low flame. Stir inbetween. In Just 5 minutes it will be ready to serve.