This is very quick to make. Shami kebab is one of the best non vegetarian snack to be served. These are succulent in taste with channa dal and spicy masala and fried crispy on the outer layer.
- 2 cup chicken boneless pieces
- 1 cup channa dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed & 1 tsp all spice powder
- 3 stick cinnamon & 6 cloves
- 1/2 tsp pepper corns
- 2 tsp corriander seeds
- 4 no red chili
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 3 green chili
- 2 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup corriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 to 3 eggs
- pinch turmeric powder
- oil for frying
- Soak one cup channa dal for about 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp veg.oil in a heavy bottomed pan add cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper corns, cinnamon, corriander seeds, redchili and saute for a minute.
- Add soaked channa dal and mix well, then add the boneless chicken and salt. Combine well in a simmered flame. Then add required water for cooking.
- Cook until the water has evaporated and chicken tendered. Remove from the fire and let it to cool.
- After cooling grind this ingredients in to a thick paste. Add ginger, green chili, garlic, corriander leaves and mint leaves in to the paste and combine it well. Now add the one raw egg in it and mix well.
- Make the kebabs using palm into desired shape.
- Dip the kebabs in the beaten egg and fry the kebabs into golden brown.