A healthy meal is good for our health. At the same time we have a habit to take little sweet after the meal. Today i made jackfruit payasam.
- 1 cup ripe jack fruit blended
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup jaggery syrup
- 1/2 tsp powdered nutmeg and cardamom
- 1 handful fresh coconut slices
- 1 tbsp raisins & cashewnuts
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan with blended jackfruit.
- Saute it when the water is evaporated, add jaggery in it. If needed more sweet add it.
- Stir it constantly 2 to 3 minutes otherwise it will be burn.
- Add 11/2 cup second extract of coconut milk and stir it for another 3 minutes.
- Add first extract of milk to stir then combine in a low flame and sprinkle the crushed spices. Do not boil. Remove from the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee and add sliced coconut for fry. Saute it when the color changes into golden brown. Transfer it from the fire. Then add ghee and fry cashewnuts and raisins. Then add it all in the payasam. Tasty payasam is ready to serve. We can serve it for 4 people. Enjoy.