We can make different type of dishes with prawns. Our ethnic cuisine is this prawns curry, this is very common in our state.
- 500 gm prawns shelled and de-veined
- 3 tbsp veg.oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 spring curryleaves
- Handful fresh coconut slices
- 1″ piece ginger chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic sliced(adding of 1 tbsp gingergarlic taste make extra taste)
- 2 green chili sliced
- Handful shallots sliced
- 3 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp corriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 piece kerala tamarind
- Salt to taste
- Heat the pan, then sputter the mustard, fenugreek and curry leaves.
- Add the sliced coconut and saute it for 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and green chili, then saute a while.
- Simmer the flame and add powdered chili, corriander and turmeric to saute. When anfragrance can be felt, pour required water, kerala tamarind and salt.
- After boiling add the prawns and cook it for 5 five minutes with high flame. Then lower the flame. When the gravy becomes thick remove from the fire and enjoy with boiled rice.