Puri can be found in many southern states of India, I did puri with ripe plantain, coconut mix. We can serve it hot and enjoy the crispiness.
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup diced ripe planatain
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1 tsp cardamom and cumin powder
- A pinch salt
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Oil for frying
- Knead all purpose flour and a pinch salt mixed water to make a dough.
- Heat the ghee and saute the chopped plantain into 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the grated coconut, sugar and spice powders. Reomove from the fire and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll out the balls with 4 inches diametre.
- Fill the fruit coconut mix in the side then cover it and tightly press the edges with fork.
- Heat the oil and fry it till golden brown. Serve it hot.