Banana flower has a lot of benefits. We usually use plantain flower and njalipoovan flower for cooking. We can make cutlets using it. Very tasty.
- 1 banana flower
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili
- 1 spring curry leaves
- Pinch turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp all spice powder
- 2 slice bread
- 1 egg
- 200 g oil for sauting and frying
- Peel out the outer layer of the banana flower and add a little oil then mix well otherwise color of the flower will change.
- Crush green chili, garlic and ginger.
- Chop onion and curry leaves finely.
- Heat 1 tbsp veg.oil in the pan and saute the ingredients except egg and bread. Saute it for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the vessel and let it cool.
- Make it into desired shapes.Powder the bread and beat the egg.
- Dip the rolls in the egg and roll it into bread crums.
- Heat the oil and fry the rolls in the oil. Lower the flame. When the cutlets will be golden brown remove from the fire and enjoy with ketchup.