Lacha Paratha almost like South Indian Kerala Paratha or Malabar Paratha beacause of its twist palm method.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Ghee to shallow fry
- Mix the flour and salt together. Mix gradually the flour with milk and little water and knead into a dough.
- Cover with a moist cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes. Add ghee gradually to dough, kneading constantly till a soft smooth dough.
- Add pounded fennel and knead for another few minutes. Divide the roll into 6 balls. Dust lightly and roll and apply 1 tsp ghee evenly over one side.
- Make radical cut and fold disc into a narrow conical shape. Place flat side of the cone on palm and twist palm together in a round movement to compress dough into a thick flat.
- Heat griddle and shallow fry both sides in a low heat till golden. I did it with 4 inch width.