We celeberated our EASTER with our cousins family. Children enjoyed very much. After breakfast we got only a little time to talk. We enjoyed it.
Today i made appam, vegetable stew and chicken curry for break fast. I make the PALAPPAM in a cross shape.
Earlier i posted the palappam recipe, same method and only shape wise it is different.
Pour the batter in the appackara to make the cross shape
GREEN PEAS VEGETABLE STEW
Saute these ingredients in the oiL
Cooked in pressure cooker with coconut milk
- 2 cup fine rice powder
- 1coconut not tender but little more growed grated
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup rice powder for porridge
- Add 1 and 1/2 cup water in the half cup rice powder. Then stir on the fire when it become thick remove from the fire. Keep it for cooling.
- In the 3 tbsp warm water add the yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar then keep for fermentation.
- When the porridge is cool add the rice powder in the porridge little by little, do not generate lumps and make a thick foam.
- After the fermentation of yeast add the solution in the rice thick batter and mix well.
- At same time blend the grated coconut very well. add the blended coconut at the same time in the palappam batter or after fermentation. I added blended coconut in the rice batter with salt and sugar to taste.
- Then keep the batter for six to eight hours. Fermentation depends upon the climate. In the hot season it will ferment faster.
- Heat the palappachatti or pan, pour one big spoon batter in the palappa chatti and turn the batter cross shape. Simmer the flame. Other wise it will be burnt. In Around 2 minutes it will be cooked.
Enjoy it with stew.
- 1cup green peas soaked
- 1/2 cup carrot cubic cutted
- 1/2 cup potato cubic sliced
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 cup second and third extract of coconut milk
- 2 green chili slitted
- 1 inch ginger nicely chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp all spice powder
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tsp corriander powder
- Heat vegetable oil in a pressure cooker then add sliced onion, slitted green chili and ginger and saute 3 minutes.
- Add all spice powder, corriander powder, pepper powder just saute then add green peas, chopped vegetables.
- Pour third and second extract of coconut milk and salt then close with lid to let it for 2 to 3 whistles.
- When the pressure reduces open the lid and add the first extract milk with cornflour. Enjoy with Palappam.