Toor dal is very easy to cook. This recipe is not hot.
- 1/2 cup toor dal
- 1/4 kg cabbage sliced into 1 inch long
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chili slitted
- 1 inch ginger thinly chopped
- 2 clove garlic chopped
- Pinch turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp veg.oil
- 2 spring curry leaves
- Cook toor dal till it is half cooked, only 5 minutes needed to cook. Remove from the fire.
- Heat the oil and add mustard, cumin and curry leaves to sputter. Add sliced onion, green chili, ginger and garlic. Saute it for two to three minutes.
- Then add the chopped cabbage and stir a while. Add half cooked toor dal and salt.
- Simmer the flame. Saute inbetween.
- Other wise it will be burnt. After three to five minutes it will be ready to serve.