COCONUT MILK PACHOR is an extra tasty recipe from Central Travancore. My daughter likes this and she asks me to make this every time. Anyway she likes this PACHOR. So I made GRATED COCONUT PACHOR.
Prep:Time – 10 minutes
Cook:Time – 40 minutes
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup jaggery syrup
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1 tbsp crushed cardamom, nutmeg, cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp nuts and raisins
- 3 to 4 cup of water.
HOW TO MAKE
- Clean and wash one cup of white rice. Some rices need more time to cook. I cooked with 3 cup of water. After boiling I simmered the flame.
- Take one jaggery and add one cup of water to boil. After melting jaggery pour it through a stainer for purification. Keep aside.
- Check if the rice is cooked. When it is cooked add the jaggery syrup in the rice. Then stir and allow to combine.
- When it becomes sticky and thick add freshly grated coconut. Stir it every five minutes to combine well.
- Add crushed spices in the PACHOR.
- Heat the one table spoon ghee then golden fry nuts, then heat the raisins.
- Add fried nuts and raisins in the PACHOR and stir well. Enjoy this super sweet.