This VADA is common in Kerala. Every one enjoys this VADA as an evening snack. Some times this will accompany MASALA DOSA & GHEE ROAST in the Tamil vegetarian restaurants.
- 1 cup soaked
- 4 tbsp semolina
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 green chili chopped
- 2 spring curry leaves chopped
- Pinch baking soda
- Oil for frying
These ingredients are needed to make VADA.
HOW TO MAKE
- Clean and wash 3/4 cup black gram. Then soak in the water for 3 hour. After 3 hours it will be soaked.
- Blend the black gram in a blender with the help of two table spoons of water. We have to make a thick paste. So less water is enough. Make a thick paste and keep aside.
- Onion, ginger, green chili, curry leaves diced finely. Add these ingredients into the blended mix.
- Then combine it with 4 table spoon semolina a pinch of baking powder and a little salt.
- Heat 1/4 kg veg.oil or coconut oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Then take lemon sized mix and make round shape in the palm and make a hole in the centre.
- Add carefully this vada in the heated oil. Then reduce the flame.
- Then fry both sides till a golden color. Remove it from the fire. And transfer into a dish after removing oil.
Enjoy with chutney.