In Kerala, during the festivals and feast PACHOR will be served in Christian churches especially Central Travancore. PACHOR is always cooked with freshly grated coconut and jaggery. But I cooked it with coconut milk.
- 1 cup white rice
- 3/4 cup thick jaggery syrup
- 4 cup extraction of coconut milk from one coconut or freshly grated coconut
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp cardamom, cumin, nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Little nuts and raisins
- Melt the jaggery and drain. Keep it aside.
- Wash clean rice and pour 3 cup 2nd, 3rd extraction of coconut milk. Keep the lid covered and cook in low flame.
- Rice will become soft and thick add jaggery syrup.
- After 3 minutes it will become thick add 1st extract of milk.
- Then add the spice powders and mix well. Remove from the fire.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee, then just saute nuts and raisins. Pour these into the pachor. Enjoy PACHOR in warm.