Protein rich soy foods help us lose weight. Soy foods have the added benefit of lowering LDL cholesterol. A 3.5-ounce serving of soya chunks contains over 54 grams of protein.
- 1 cup soya chunk
- 1 cup grated potato
- 2 tbsp cooked yam
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 1 inch size ginger chopped
- 4 garlic chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- 8 tbsp cornflakes
- sal to taste
- oil for sauting and frying
- Wash and boil soya chunks with above ingredients for five minutes. Allow to cool. When It becomes warm drain and squeeze the excess water from the soya chunks.
- Then just crush in a blender.
- Mash the cooked yam.
- Powder the cornflakes.
- Pour 2 tbsp veg.oil in a pan to saute chopped onion, grated potato, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and stir one minute.
- Add soya chunk, mashed yam then saute till the water evaporates.Then add the all spice powder and enough salt. Remove from the fire. Allow to cool.
- When it becomes warm make it into small round shaped cutlets.
- Roll this cutlets into the powdered conflakes.
- Heat the oil in an another pan and dip the cutlets in the oil one by one.
- Fry till a golden brown color.
- Enjoy with ketchep and onion.