This interesting recipe is very popular in North India. South Indians also like this recipe. If you can spend little time to prepare this dish you will get a good result. We can make filling as our liking.
Bread is the main ingredient and accompanying ingredients in the filling are two potato, one carrot, half cup of green peas, two green chili, one onion, one tea spoon gingergarlic paste, one tsp all spice powder, pinch turmeric, salt, oil, corriander leaves and curry leaves.
HOW TO COOK
- Peel and clean the vegetables. Chop potato and carrot sqarely then add the green peas in it.
- I used the pressure cooker to cook these vegetables.
- Smash the cooked ingredients with a pinch of salt.
- Thinly chop the onion, green chili, corriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Heat the tawa with two to three table spoon vegetable oil, add the mustard and let it sputter. After mustard add onion, green chili, ginger garlic paste and the leaves one by one.
- When an aroma comes reduce the fire to add red chili powder, all spice powder, asafotida, termeric, and a pinch of salt. Saute it.
- Add the mashed ingredients in the masala. Mix well and keep aside.
I am using one cup besan powder, half cup rice flour, one tsp red chili powder, half tsp turmeric powder,salt and little chopped corriander leaves. Mix all the ingredience with water to make a thick batter.
- Take a bread and place the vegetable mix on the top of the bread. Spread the mix evenly.
- Close the filling with another bread. Hold and carefully press it.
- Cut the filled bread in a rectangle shape.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Dip the bread in the batter then fry in the oil. Fry both sides.
- When the Bread becomes golden brown take it from the oil with stainer.
- Place it on a kitchen towel or napkin paper to remove excess oil.
Enjoy hot or warm.
Accompanied with sauce or chutney.
I made a mint chutney for the side dish.
WE NEED FOR MINT CHUTNEY
- cup mint leaves
- 1/2 corriander and curry leaves
- 3 tbsp chana dal
- 2 green chili chopped
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 to 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 or 1 tsp lemon juice
Grate all the ingredients in a blender with little water.
- 2 potato
- 1 carrot
- 6 tbsp green peas (1/2 cup)
- 1 onion chopped thinly
- 2 green chili
- 1 tsp gingergarlic paste
- 1/2 cup corriander & curry leaves chopeped
- 3 tbsp veg.oil fortempering
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp asafotida powder
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
- Cut the potato and carrot into cube.
- Cook the potato, carrot, green peas in a cooker with enough water.
- Smash the cooked ingredients with pinch of salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sputter the mustard.
- Then add the chopped onion, green chili, leaves one by one.
- When aroma come reduce the fire and add the powders. Saute a while with pinch salt.
- Add the cooked mix in it. And stir well.
- Fill the mix on the bread evenly. Cover the filled portion with another bread.
- Cut into triangular shape.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Dip the bread in the batter and carefully slip in the heated oil.
- Fry both sides in golden brown.
- Enjoy with chutney.