This is a quick recipe.This Delicious dessert originated in India.It is Very easy to make and has a super taste. Semolina is derived from wheat.
Today I made semolina halwa. I made syrup and then added semolina. Couple of tricks are required to make sure the halwa reaches the perfect consistency. I am adding a pinch of turmeric powder for color . This is opional, if you have food color add it. Adding dry fruit makes it more tasty.
1 cup semolina
1/2 cup ghee ( like too much ghee add 1/2 cup, need less ghee reduce it)
4 crushed cardamom
1/2 cup cashew & raisins
2 cup granulated sygar
3 cup water
In a medium size pot add all ingredients and cook until sugar melted. Remove from the fire.
- In a pan add little ghee and fry cahew nuts and raisins. Keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan add ghee and semolina with crushed cardamom.
- Saute it for 2 to 3 minutes. Until an aroma can be observed.
- Pour the sugar syrup in it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Halwa will be bubbly and liquid, do not cook any longer.
- Switch off the fire and close with a lid for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes it will gain perfect condistency.
- Add the sauted cashew nuts and raisins. Enjoy.