The Hyderabadi Chicken Curry recipe gets its flavor from basic spice powders and herbs like Coriander leaves (Cilantro) and Mint leaves. A simple and easy chicken recipe from the Hyderabad region of India, the spice mix gives it an appealing color and taste, without it being too spicy or hot.
1. 1 – Chicken with bones4 – Onion -finely sliced
2. 3 – tsp Ginger garlic paste
3. 250 ml – Curd
4. 1/2 – Finely chopped mint leaves, 1/2 cup corriander leaves
5. 1 tsp – turmeric powder
6. 2 tsp – Red chilli powder
7. 1 tsp – Kashmiri Chilli powder
8. 21/2 tsp – Corriander powder
9. 1 tsp – Garam masala powder (all spices)
10. Salt to taste
11. 5 tbsp oil – 5 tbsp
12. 2 tbsp tomato sauce
Marinate the chicken in 2 steps – first with dry masala powders, salt and curd; next with coriander leaves, mint leaves and ginger-garlic paste.
- In a pan heat the oil and saute the sliced onion. Fry till the onions are golden brown in color.
- Now add the marinated chicken, mix well and fry in high flame for around 3 mins, stirring continuously .
- Lower the flame & cover with a lid
- After 5 mins add in the Kashmiri Chilli powder, mix well and cover again
- Now add a dash of spicy tomato sauce to add a zing.
- Add a cup of water, mix & simmer till chicken is soft & the gravy is thick .
Enjoy with fried rice and nan