Brinjal the king of vegetables also known as egg plant, this plant originated in India. Egg plants also contains flavanoids. Rich in many nutrients, high antioxidants and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Todays my lunch accompanied with king of vegetable curry.
1/2 large onion
1 tbsp corriander powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp mustard seed
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 piece ginger
3/4 grated coconut
1 lime sized tamarind
3 tbsp oil
- Cut the brinjal into pieces and keep in water.
- Corriander,coconut, ginger, garlic,chilli powder, mustard, turmeric,cumin these ingredients grind together to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute well chopped onion and then ground masala.
- Squeeze the brinjal pieces and saute with masala.
- Add 1/2 cup water and salt then cook the brinjal pieces are tender.
- Squeeze the tamarind in 1/2 cup of water and pour into the brinjal masala.
- Allow it to simmer for a while and remove from fire.
Try it. Very good taste.