One of my mother’s recipe is this fish curry. I really like it. Ammas curry is always good, She always adds more love in it. I was not interested in cooking before. But still knew about this curry .I am sharing it to my friends. Sardines are a great source of various vitamins. Protect bone health with high level of calcium and vitamin D.
- Sardine – 1/2 kg cut into 2 inches
- Half raw mango – cut into cubes
- Green chilly – 5 nos slitted
- Corriander powder – 1 table spoon
- Ginger thinly sliced – 1/2 table spoon
- Garlic sliced – 1/2 tea spoon
- Chilly powder – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Fenugreek powder – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Boil all the above ingredients till cooked.
- Grated coconut – 2 cup grind it well and add into the cooked sardine. Stir well, don’t allow to boil. Remove from the fire.
- Coconut oil – 3 table spoon
- Mustard – 1 tea spoon
- Fenugreek – 1/4 tea spoon
- Shallot sliced – 2 table spoon
- Red chilly – 3 no
- Curry leaves – 2 spring
Heat oil and add mustard, fenugreek to sputter. Add small onion, red chilly and curry leaves. Saute well until onion come to golden colour, remove from the fire and pour it on the cooked sardine curry.